View Single Post
Old 10-22-2008, 07:18 AM   #2
Izzy Princess
Therapy Dog
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by plong27 View Post
Hello everyone. I just joined this list yesterday - and I have to tell you all, I am thrilled to have found it. I am wondering if anyone has any experience in training a deaf puppy. Her name is Coco and we also have her brother Winston (we actually were only getting Winston, but when we found out that Coco was deaf, we took her too so she could stay with her brother). I am just looking for whatever advise I can get to help in training Coco. Thank you in advance for your help.
Oh, forgot to mention that they are 15 weeks old today -- happy 15 week birthday babies!!

Hi and welcome to YT. First what a wonderful thing you did in bringing Coco into your world along with her brother. I don't have experince with deaf puppies but I do clicker training and hand signals with Izzy. She does respond to the hand signals so you might try to Google that and see what comes up. I would train like a hearing dog..with her favorite treat that is only used for training.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!