View Single Post
Old 10-21-2008, 04:31 PM   #1
Deegan's mom
YT 1000 Club Member

Unhappy Not feeling well... Poor baby...

So tonight I had to bring Deegs to see Dr. Vicky, our vet. For the last couple of days he hasn't been eating much lately, losing 1.25lbs and has diareha, has been very lethargic. Along with that he began limping this afternoon when I came home for lunch. I just thought that maybe he twisted it playing or coming down the stairs, but when I got home after work and I picked him up I heard a click that scared the crap outta me! That was it - we were off to the vet. Once we got in to see Dr. Vicky I explained all his symptoms and added that he's started going to daycare a couple weeks ago. She could say for sure if he had picked something up there or just by chance somewhere else or if it was the new food that was making him ill. She explained to me that we have the strongest shield that we can put around him (meaning he has all his shots, he's on revolution & has his kennel cough shot too). But dogs are just like humans in the sense that we can all have our shots, take our vitamins & still are bound to get sick once in a while. That made me feel a bit better in the sense that I can try and bring him back and if he gets sick again I'll know that it's the daycare. But we'll both be sad because he seems to love it so much. But she did give us some medication and food to try and get him feeling better. But then I told her about the clicking noise I heard when he was limping... the look on her face told me right away that it was luxating palleta's!! Ugh - my poor little man... he loves to go, go, go all the time. How am I gonna stop that without breaking his spirit??? The vet said to keep him from running for at least 2 weeks to see how severe his case is. This is gonna be hard to not let him run and play B-A-L-L! So just wondering how many other people's pooches out there have this and at what level? And whether or not surgery was needed and if it helped??
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!