Thread: CA Prop 2
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2008, 02:14 PM   #1
Nikki+2
I heart Sugar
Donating Member

Default CA Prop 2

I just received this forwarded email (as I'm sure all of us who support the HSUS did) and wanted to post it for any who didn't get it. It is such an important issue, especially to all of us animal lovers. I hope this isn't breaking the rules since I'm not asking for donations- just pointing out a current events issue. If I am breaking the rules... sorry.

Here are the Prop 2 TV ad numbers you asked for. We're facing a fairly imminent cash crunch -- we have about $300,000 on hand now, and that should cover us for the cable TV ads in California for the remainder of this week.

It's next week that I'm most concerned about, and it's the last week of Prop 2's big TV ad push before the election. We need to raise an additional $250,000 over the next 48 hours so we can reach voters in the smaller TV markets (who right now are getting bombarded with commercials from our opponents.) We have to pay the stations on Thursday!

Do you think you could go out to Humane Society supporters tomorrow and explain where things stand so we can raise the additional funds we need to finish up our TV ad campaign?

I know it's a difficult time for folks and people have given so much already, but if we don't raise these funds for next week then our TV ads are going to be yanked off the air. I know you know this, but those ads are the most effective way for us to reach the maximum number of voters, and after all our work, I'd hate to give the big agribusiness goons a leg up.

Let me know what you think and thanks,

Jennifer

Jennifer Fearing, YES! on Prop 2 Campaign Manager
Jen@YESonProp2.com
Yes on Prop 2

https://donate.yesonprop2.com/page/contribute/ads2
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!