View Single Post
Old 10-21-2008, 07:54 AM   #1
xmasbaby75
YT Graphic Artist
Donating Member

Default Does it break your heart?

Does it break your heart when it's time to separate your male & female (during a non-breeding cycle)? I find it so hard, but I know that's all part of it. Here's a little background for you ...

We've had Shadow since he was about 6 weeks old, and he has been the only dog in the house for 7 years (until last July). Well, when Gellica joined our family, he just took to her right away, and they became the best of friends. They had their first litter on Halloween 2007 (my babies are almost 1 year old!!) Okay, so a little more than "friends"

So, now we are in our second heat since then, and this one is so much worse for them. We are not ready for another litter yet, and Momma still needs to rest more before possibly having another litter next year. So, we have separated them, and naturally, they are both heartbroken. I swear it's just as hard on us humans! Since my boy cannot be without me, and DH's girl cannot be without him - we are now sleeping in separate rooms for the next 2-3 weeks. Normally, they both sleep with us.

Now, they keep looking for each other, and looking at us like "Why can't I see my girl" ... Has anyone figured out a way to make this easier on them? (besides temporarily re-homing one, because I can't do that!) I've even tried the belly band and diaper thing, but you know yorkies, when there's a will, there's a way!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!