View Single Post
Old 10-21-2008, 05:58 AM   #1
plong27
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Omg 2 New puppies - One Deaf & One open fontanel - Help!!

Hello - I am new to this form. Here is our story....My family recently purchased a new yorkie puppy. We first decided to get Winston (male) from our neighbor who had puppies. I have 11 year old triplet girls and they really wanted a yorkie. Then it was discovered that Winston's sister, Coco is deaf - so we decided to take her as well - that way we would be able to keep them together and hopefully Winston would help Coco to learn and be happy. I also have a 12 year old son and a Bischon that is 5 years old. The puppies will be 15 weeks old tomorrow. Well, I took the puppies yesterday for their latest round of shots and the vet told me that Winston head has not closed. The vet said she would check it again in another month - she seemed concerned, but did not say too much about it. She mentioned surgery (very risky and expensive), but also said that we would "just see how it goes". I am totally freaked out. What do I do? The research I have found on this seems to say that they can live "normal" lives, but everyone just needs to be very careful of the head. We love these puppies and I am totally freaked out by this finding. Does anyone have any suggestions, experience, etc. I thought my biggest issues were going to be dealing with a deaf dog and training puppies - now these two issues seem to be on the back burner compared to this most recent finding. Can anyone help me out? Thank you in advance.
plong27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!