View Single Post
Old 10-20-2008, 01:33 PM   #9
Ponyup
YT 1000 Club Member

My vet was pretty adament about the Total hip replacement over the femoral head extrasion. I didn't realize they just completely remove the head and don't replace it with anything that freaks me out. Logan is a much bigger yorkie. He is 15lbs solid muscle. Michigan state, which is where we would take him, does do cementless replacements. Logan is 3.5 years old, not a puppy, I don't know if that makes a difference. I'm going to have a more indepth talk with my vet now that I've done research & have a lot more questions. My husband & I have also decided to take him to Michigan State & have him evaluted & see what they recommend. My vet said the Total hip replacement at Michigan state will cost me around $3500, which is more than I heard the FHO is, but we want to do what's best.

The comment about how dogs muscles wrap around was very helpful. As was the dog that had this done 6 years ago & is still doing well. Thank you so much for the information so far.

To Bchgirl (i think). Logan had tummy issues back in January. They turned out to be nothing, at the very most a mild case of pancreatis. Both my vets think it was because I was very stressed out & not eating or sleeping at the time for personal reasons. Logan is very sensitive to me & it stressed him out causing tummy upset; we've had no problems since January with his tummy.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!