View Single Post
Old 10-18-2008, 07:43 AM   #1
Babz
YT Addict

Default I had the WORST walk today...

This is a bit long, but I'm sorry, this is a rant..

I take my walks around 5PM. There will be kids around. Sometimes there will be one or two that will make loud noises, stomp their feet, like scaring the dogs are some kind of game.. But I just tell them sharply not to do that.

Well today was one of the "bad day".. one kid was talking really loudly.. He said my Lulu (shihtzu) looks MALNOURISHED.. So I stared at him and just kept on staring. He then asked me what I am feeding my dogs because Lulu looks malnourished. The mother was right there beside him, and she didn't even say anything! Like how he's being so rude and obnoxious. I just walked away, and he called up and said am I deaf? I was like W.T.F. I just kept walking away.

I just cannot believe anyone dare say that about my dogs.. of all the things they can say.. They can say ANYTHING about my dogs' appearances and I wouldn't care a whit. But to say my dogs are MALNOURISHED.. that is like accusing me of abuse, no?

This kid was maybe 10 or 12.. I think kids around that age should have learned better manners, don't you agree? If I said anything to him, I KNOW the mother will jump in and accuse me of being rude, or ask me who am I to try to teach her kid.. Or tell me that it's "JUST a dog" and there's no need to get offended. So I know I couldn't have said anything that will make a difference. I am just so upset. I have had so many incidents with people calling out names to my dogs during walks, but this one just upset me so much.

Tell me, does THIS dog look malnourished?
And the second picture, does she look like a MONKEY?
Does any of my dogs look mistreated in ANY WAY?
Do you think I should put on my iPod during walks?

Also, today there was a guy washing his car.. and when I walked passed with my dogs, he FLICKED WATER at my dogs. I yelled "HEY" and he looked at me like he was really pissed off I yelled at him.. I mean, what did he expect me to do? Shut up?

Everyday there will be an incident of people butting in and saying all kinds of VERY RUDE things about my dogs. EVERY SINGLE DAY. It's been mounting and piling and accumulating in me.. Well today I sort of just reached my limit. My dogs love their walks, but it's not fun for me.. Every day I go out and tell myself, ok, if anyone said anything, don't get mad.. Just don't get mad.. Don't get mad.

Sorry for the rant..
Attached Thumbnails
I had the WORST walk today...-dsc08465-small-.jpg   I had the WORST walk today...-dsc09419-medium-.jpg   I had the WORST walk today...-dsc09396-large-.jpg  
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!