View Single Post
Old 09-20-2005, 08:26 AM   #2
shecass
YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb8
Hi there,
Has anyone ever heard of a Yorkie, or any dog eating a dead mouse? I don't know if that's too broad a question? The reason I ask is that I live in a six floor apartment building and the whole place has had a problem with mice ever since these 4 different apartments started undergoing renovation.
Apparently an apartment on the 2nd floor and on the fourth floor had an exterminator put poison in the apartments. In the last two weeks I've found two dead mice, one of which my Yorkie, Buffy found and I think, deposited in the middle of the living room. It was intact but a few weeks ago she ate part of the glue of a mouse glue trap AND possibly part of a dead mouse. Disgusting i know, AND i'm a bad Mommy for not realizing I had left a trap in the closet. Anyway, she survived the eating of the glue (and mouse?). But now I'm concerned she might start chomping on some of the mice cadavers piling up in my place. Do you think I need to be concerned about this? I spoke to the exterminator and the poison is: Ditrac, active ingredient/diphacinone which cause anti-coagulant problems in dogs.
I know what signs to look for, but I wonder if I should send Buffy to another place until the mouses leave the house? Or will they ever?
Help and, thanks!!
mb

I wish I could be of some help. I'm not sure about that. Just keep an eye on your little one. At least you do know what to look for so you will know if you need to rush her to the vet.

I hope that you don't have to. Please keep us posted.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!