View Single Post
Old 09-20-2005, 08:05 AM   #1
shecass
YT 2000 Club Member

Default Bad News Today!!!!!!!!!!

I just got off the phone with a really good friend of ours. He went through a divorce this time last year anyway, he has dated a few women since. The first woman he dated after his divorce is dying, they only dated for a couple of months and he liked her a lot but, he just wasn't ready for a ready made family. She has 2 girls. One 9 years old and thd other 16 or 17 years old.

Sorry getting off of the subject. She is a really nice person. We spent a little time together went to her house for dinner and went to Russell's our friend for dinner and just to hang out several times. Ethan loves going to Russell's house he has a big screen tv and Russell lets him watch cartoons on it.

Sorry I can't seem to stay on topic. When I first met her she was telling me that she had Melanoma(sp) within the last couple of years. But that she had the treatment and was fine. She is only 40 maybe 41 at the oldest. Way too young.

Russell, told me that she had surgey a few weeks back because she had cancer in her spine and they did surgery to remove it. Well she had been home for a little while and they had to take her to the ER and they have since sent her home with hospice. She now has it in her liver. I don't know if anyone knows this or not but, once it gets in the liver there is absolutely nothing that they can do. He told me he went over to her house last night because she had been asking about him I know it was one of the hardest things that he has had to do. Her family told him that she had basically been comatose but when he came in she started talking to him and he would lean down so he could hear her because she has to whisper and she would kiss him every time. She is only 40 maybe 41 at the oldest. Way too young. She has two girls one 9 years old the same age as my son and one 16 or 17 years old. I feel so sorry for them.

Needless to say when he went home he told me he just sat & cried I felt so sorry for him. I told him even though things did not work out for them that I know that he cares for her and I knew that this was going to be hard on him. He said he also got drunk which I don't really blame him.

Anyway, I told him if he needed anything to please let me know. He says that he is planning on going back over there sometime later on today. I told him that if he didn't want to go by himself that I would go with him.

He said he would let me know. If he does want me to I will. Because he is one of our best friends and Ethan absolutely loves him. I would do anything I could for him. If that means going over there with him if he needs me I will.

The reason this will be so difficult for me is my grandmother died 4 years ago on my birthday. She first had ovarian cancer and then was in remission for 5 or 6 years and then it came back in her pancreas and a year later she was in the hospital and they did test and it was in her liver.

We did hospice at home with her. When it really hit me was when they brought her home from the hospital. My first cousin and I sat outside my grandparents house and cried until we couldn't cry. I was as close to my grandmother as I am to my own mother so this was extremely hard for me. I spent all of my summers with my grandparents when I was my son age even younger. My mom was in & out of the hospital a lot so I stayed with them.

OMG I can't believe how I'm just rambling on I don't blame any of you if you don't want to read this. Because I know it's so long. This has just brought up too many painful memories.

Last edited by shecass; 09-20-2005 at 08:10 AM.
shecass is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!