View Single Post
Old 10-16-2008, 01:44 AM   #9
blueeyes_jd
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dara311 View Post
I think crate training is the best way to go. I got Fiona when she was about 3.5 months old, and the only 2 accidents she had, she did on the tiled floor!

The best thing for you to do, in my opion, is obviously if your pup is in the crate at night, as soon as you let him out in the am, go outside. You can come up with a command word to help him go potty on command. I would make sure that the word you come up with everyone uses in the house and you gotta be consistant. When your pup is actually doing the act thats when you say your command. In my case, when Fiona would urinate, I would say " Good Pee Pee" and "good poopy" You have to do it while they are in the act, not before, not after, and when they do it praise them, use a high pitch voice, treats, anything so they know they did a good job. If your out there for like 20 min and they do one over the other, put him back in the crate for 15 min, and try it again.

Good Luck!!!!
I agree with this one... this is what I did... except Gracie was not in a crate... I did try to put her in the crate... but I couldnt do it... she just cried and cried... so I had to just do it without the crate... and it worked... I think since your little one is so use to being in a crate it would be better for your baby to do the crate... but I dont know for sure... good luck!!!!

Last edited by blueeyes_jd; 10-16-2008 at 01:45 AM.
blueeyes_jd is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!