View Single Post
Old 10-15-2008, 10:00 PM   #5
EbonysMom
Senior Yorkie Talker

Smile Baby teeth!

I just had my Dixie who is six months old spayed, microchipped and two baby teeth removed yesterday. I did not know about the teeth until the vet called me and said they should come out. He said it is very normal for some of the baby teeth in small dogs to stay in there impacted and said it would cause trouble later on if not removed now, so while she was under anesthetic that would be the time to do it. So I agreed. They called this afternoon to tell me her surgery was over and she was doing great and I can plan to come today, later this afternoon to pick her up. Needless to say it has been a long two nights since she has been gone. I have missed her terribly. As many pets as I have had over the years and my three real kids all grown now, I gotta tell you this one really did a number on my old mommy heart to see her go to the vets for a couple of days. I will be so anxious to go and get her tomorrow. Now the problem is how am I going to keep her halfway confined and no running or jumping for a few days after her surgery? My twin daughters each have a little male yorkie. One is five and a half months old and one has just turned 1 year. They have missed Dixie as well, don't understand where she is and will be so ready to play with her when she comes home. We will just really have to be careful with her. So now after I have gone on and on, just know that you hardly ever know that their baby teeth have come out. They lose them somewhere, sometimes can even swallow them. Don't be surprised that the vet may have to remove a few of them. I have read in here that so many others have had the same situation. Good Luck!
EbonysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!