View Single Post
Old 10-15-2008, 01:11 PM   #15
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy & Me View Post
I've used a product that is the UK version, Shake & Vac, and I also regularly clean the carpet with a proper carpet cleaner and a pet stain and odor neutraliser shampoo. All the downstairs carpets are cleaned at least once a month and accidents are cleared straight away because I have a baby who has just started crawling. That's why I can't understand why the hoover is picking up this smell.

I didn't know about the vinegar though, I did the baking soda which I don't have, so I'll try that in the canister over night... I smiled at the idea of making a mini volcano!! LOL. Do I use the vinegar with boiling water? I sound like such an idiot not knowing this stuff but I've never had an issue with bad smells in my house and I still don't... just a stinky hoover.

No need to use boiling water, and this might damage your canister as well. I still think you should look for the Shake & Vac version that says "neutralizer" in it. A neutralizer does something with the actual molecules of air. Most products "cover up" the scent, and this is usually enough, but sometimes a neutralizer is needed. I just wouldn't give up until I tried this.

I can't figure out why it's giving the bad odor, could a belt be burning? Did this ever happen with your last vacuum?

Join today and remove this ad!