View Single Post
Old 10-15-2008, 12:20 PM   #7
Gypsy & Me
lovin my girls
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kezza View Post
I had the same problem with my bagless cylinder hoover..I put a bit of nice fragranced washing powder in mine..or you could use that 'shake & Vac' stuff! works for me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy1999 View Post
You know those products that you sprinkle on carpets, to freshen them? Well. instead of sprinkling it on the carpet, you can just put some of the product in the canister, it really does smell good when you turn on the vacuum. I didn't like to use it on the carpet, because I wasn't sure all of it was coming up, but I like the smell in the vacuum. Another thing that works pretty good is a dryer softner sheet. You can also spray the filters with Febreze.
Quote:
Originally Posted by browniesmom622 View Post
Yep this is what we did with the carpet powder.
I tried the "Shake & Vac", (carpet powder), and I ended up with a revolting smell of dog and oranges!

I didn't think of a dryer sheet or Febreeze... I guess both of them are worth a try. I'll wash the canister again with some strong smelling disinfectant, I have some Green Apple scented stuff that I use in my bathroom and it keeps the bathroom smelling like apples for a good 3 days. If I use that and then maybe add some more to some boiling water and leave it in the canister over night with the lid loosely on and hand wash the fliters and put them in too that might do something. Do you think? Then tomorrow dry it and put a dryer sheet in there and spray the fliters. If that doesn't work then I have NO idea!
Gypsy & Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!