View Single Post
Old 10-15-2008, 10:44 AM   #4
YorkieMother
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyancer View Post
Thank you so much for your thoughts. Since my experience with the awful trainer 8 months ago I have done a TON of reading and studying on the dog training subject. It has helped me understand my dog so much better. But, there is always more to learn! I am excited to work with the trainer I have found. She uses truly positive techniques and is the first person I've talked to who allows the use of a harness. I hate even using a collar on him because he pulls so hard when he gets stressed and freaked out. She uses purely positive techniques and that is what we need. I am excited to get started and do not plan on giving up on my little guy anytime soon
I wish you best of luck and have fun.
Remeber you are not the only one that had a rough time with trainers.
I learned one thing I will never forget and use all the time.... if your gut checks out and you do not like something no matter who is telling you and how trainerd they are stop... do not do it. Get an second idea or ask for clearifications... .. it is ok to say NO for them. Trainers that really want to work with you and help you like nos it helps them learn.

Ok now I am curious what have you read... my book list is at home but if you got stuf I have not read I be intrested.

Truly go have fun.. breathe and learn.
Please keep us updated.

JL
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!