View Single Post
Old 10-15-2008, 07:38 AM   #7
Bonitachica1963
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coco Pebbles View Post
I have had my little bundle of fur for about a month. She is now a little over three months old. We have good days and bad days. It is slowly getting better.

I take her out as soon as she wakes up. If she goes outside, I give her a cheer and a treat... plus she gets playtime with the Border Collie. If she doesn't go, then I keep her on my lap for a while or in the pen to have some water (hoping that will make her have to go ) then I take her back outside. I don't care where she goes as long as it's outside... she usually goes on the side walk. She isn't a big fan of the grass. My problem is that I can't always be home to keep up this routine. If she doesn't go outside, she will sometimes try to go inside almost immediate after being outside. It's getting cold here and she (nor do I) want to be outside. So I want her to just hurry up and go... she runs to the front door and just wants to go in.

When she is in her pen, she most of the time with pee on the pad. She insists on pooping on the floor. I am not good at this so if anyone has any ideas to help me out.. please let me know. I could use the help.
Mine go potty inside on puppy pads. I use the washable kind. I never have to worry about not being home. Being in a hurry, or going out in bad weather. It is WONDERFUL.

I pick up the doo doo with a napkin, flush it and collect all dirty pads in a sealed container till wash day. I wash once a week in hot water with a touch of bleach and detergent. It is sooooooo convenient and cost effective. Another plus is that it is Green, no plastic in the landfills.

I kept mine in my laundry room with the puppy pads and food, etc, at all times, unless I was there to watch constantly till they learned. I have No problem with them now. It took about 6 months to have them Completely potty broke. You must catch them everytime and take them to where they are to go. Never hit them or yell at them, They will learn, they are very smart and want to please you.

Good luck with your little furbaby. Ronda, Harley and Sophia
Bonitachica1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!