View Single Post
Old 10-14-2008, 02:03 PM   #1
HighlandYorkies
DEBRA'S DORKY YORKIES4
Donating Member

Cry Sick to my stomach....re Casper's girl puppy's sad end

I got a very sad e-mail from the owner of Casper's girlfriend(Phebie) and mum to his first 4 pups born July 25th.
All homes were vetted...this one 140 mile trip....and all seemed fine.
The new owner for one of the girls, a trans-sexual man to lady, seemed perfect.....
Here is the e-mail I got yesterday :

Hi

Your pictures are lovely - Corky is really big now they are all just gorgeous.

I got some terrible news about the wee puppy in Fort William - I phoned him last weekend to see how she was getting on as I had heard from all the others who are all doing great but I was worried about her for some reason so I phoned and Catriona sounded as if she didn't know who I was (alarm bells started to ring) and then she was apologising and each time I asked about the puppy she said she didn't how to tell me - you know how she had a mobility scooter the stupid bu**ar put the puppy in the basket and she jamp out and she ran over her. I was furious she only had the puppy a couple of weeks she kept saying she didn't know how to tell me I had such an argument with her I hung up - she had the hard neck to ask me if I new where she could get another one I was livid - I never left the house all weekend - if I saw her I think I would said a lot worse - but what a stupid thing to do she was so small I thought at least she would be carrying her everywhere not putting her in a bl**dy basket on her bike. On the way down to Fort William I stopped the car twice and nearly turned back I should have done we wanted to keep her as she was so wee besides the rest I just felt so bad and still do - We have decided to do Phebie again and keep one as she does miss them I didn't think she would (Harry says she has post natal depression)

Your ones are gorgeous - Hope you are keeping well.

Rosie

I am sick to my stomach....and furious with him as well...what a stupid man !!! ...sorry woman
I and all my pals have told Rosie it's not her fault...she couldn't have seen this coming...I think it was an omen that she wanted to stop the car and keep her, but how could she know this would happen ???
I have other breeder friends who this sort of thing has happened to despite heavy vetting as well.....but this guy/woman should be hung for being so stupid in not making sure that pup was very secure or safe at home !!!

One of the pitfalls of breeding pups for those thinking of doing so....I couldn't unless I kept all the pups myself, but even if you do it and get them good homes...things can happen you never even expected.
I know of a breeder who's pup was electrocuted when the just arrived home and it chewed on a cable, and another where it was a 6 month young female newly rehomed, and she jumped into the car and hit her head on the open door and was killed outright...these dogs are soooo fragile and don't survive accidents where a bigger dog might.

Thankfully the other 3 pups are doing great...one girl to a couple of retired hospital consultants and the other two, girl and boy, to a retired couple living by a huge beach.
Also the second litter Casper fathered, 2 girls are being kept and the boy is going to that retired couples' daughter.

But that pooooooor puppy...REST IN PEACE

Below is Casper, then Phebie and her July pups(one RIP), then 3 August pups....all Casper's,
...and then pic of my four Yorkies...TAMMY 5, CASPER 6, TARA 8, and CORKY the big pup !

Lovvies, Debra ....away offline
Attached Thumbnails
Sick to my stomach....re Casper's girl puppy's sad end-y-casper2008.jpg   Sick to my stomach....re Casper's girl puppy's sad end-y-022.jpg   Sick to my stomach....re Casper's girl puppy's sad end-k-054.jpg   Sick to my stomach....re Casper's girl puppy's sad end-y-2080.jpg  
HighlandYorkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!