Thread: New member
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2008, 08:47 AM   #1
gshywolf
Yorkie Talker

Smile New member

Hi Everyone,
My name is Judy, and my little yorkie is Romeo. I've been on this group for a very long time, but could never figure out how to post. Lol I am not comp literate. Anyway, Romeo turned 3 last January. We adopted him from Florida, as the man who had him was breeding him and then wanted nothing to do with him. He is absolutely beautiful and we love him to pieces. We have a couple of issues, one being potty training. He will go out side but then comes in and pee's wherever it floats his boat to do so. The other issue is his coat and skin, which seem to be very oily. Now he has what the vet calls blackheads on his belly and chest area, and the groomer says thats because of his oily skin and playing in dirt???? I bathe him weekly but the groomer says we need an exfoliating shampoo which is only available through a vet...so far I can not find a vet in my area that has that. This morning I did something I never would have done, but because he seemed so miserable I had to do something. I put a bit of dawn dishwashing liquid in a container and added water. I used that for his first shampp, then I used his neem shampoo and rinsed extremely well. I also just lightly blow dryed him, not being sure if drying irritates his skin. Anyway, since doing that about a half hour ago, he has been sleeping very peacefully and no scratching. Has anyone else had this issue? he is only 5 lbs (supposed to be 3 1/2) and is exhausted from scratching all the time. Any help or advice was be very appreciated.

Judy and Romeo
gshywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!