View Single Post
Old 10-14-2008, 07:50 AM   #1
jstr0h
Yorkie Talker

Animal Smiley 019 What about baby food?

Our little Zoe has gained 4lbs onto her normal weight of 10lbs! I am very concerned about this and I want to help her lose weight, but she is always so hungry! I admit, Zoe makes her own rules and we have done very little to train her. We adopted her from my mother-in-law when she was 7 years old and already trained, for the most part. She has learned small things, but we really don't have the skill or time to invest in training her. Instead of withholding food from her, I would like to feed her healthier foods. I don't cook for myself, partly because we have been on a frozen-dinner-diet that's working successfully for weight loss, so I really don't want to cook for our dog. I would love to just prepare some baby food or possibly some boxed/frozen dinners for her, but I have no idea what she needs. I would like to try to feed her "people food", partly because the nutrional information is provided and partly because of the recent recalls on dog food. I feel like there are higher standards and quicker recalls on "people food".

Zoe is 10 years old and has almost no activity. She has never been an "outside dog", so walks or running in the yard are out of the question. Even if we are outside, playing in the yard or sunbathing, she barks to go back inside. (She ends up sleeping in front of the screen door, inside the house, so she isn't lonely!) For being so small, she has enough strength to resist being led on a leash. I have tried to take her for walks and as soon as she realizes she isn't going in the car, she sits down and with all her might, refuses to move.

I know, we're terrible dog owners and haven't trained our dog. I accept that. But I'm not really that concerned because she doesn't bark at people, jump on people, chew things, ... She's fine the way she is, really just a lovable dog who wants to be around us. I just need to get her weight back down!
jstr0h is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!