View Single Post
Old 10-14-2008, 05:05 AM   #1
sats4eva
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default New Dog Owner..Not sure if I'm right

Hi there,
I bought my yorkie on thursday from a breeder. He is 11.5 weeks old now and his name is Snickers. I've never had a dog before so I wasnt sure what to do. Here is my dilemma.
First, I bought him a crate and playpen which is set up upstairs in one of our bedrooms. Nobody uses the room, it is solely his. I have a crate attached to a play pen and in the play pen are his toys and pee pads. He pees on the pads which is nice but poops sometimes just a little off the pads. My concern is that we have no room to make a bedroom for him downstairs so is it ok if he uses the pee pads now and later I train him to go outside? Given his age I dont want him to form any habbits that I may later regret. Second, i'm a working guy so how long can I leave him home alone. I cant always supervise him. I work a 9-5 but for that reason I bought him a play pen so that he can run around freely. Is this ok? Can he be left alone? If not I may have to look at day care for the short term.
Next, he is sick with kennel cough so he cant get his second set of vaccinations. For that reason I cant enroll him in puppy training. Is there a certain age which I should start by? If i star him at 14 weeks is that ok? too late?
Just want to ensure the best for snickers. Please let me know!

Thanks in advance.
Sats
sats4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!