View Single Post
Old 10-14-2008, 04:55 AM   #14
tyty
Yorkie Talker

Default same problem

my yorkie does exactly the same...he barks at dogs and people when i take him out for a walk, the funny thing is though if i take him somewhere busy he is really good and doesn't bark at people and only at dogs that bark at him but if i take him to a quite place he barks at everything, and its so embarrasing especially at 8 am when people are still in bed i'm suprised i haven't had complaints actually, he barks as soon as we get out the gate even if nothings there! I've tried squirting him with water and picking him up alsorts, what i have started doing is if he barks i make him sit and we don't move until he stops as soon as he stops i praise him he also has a halti on which goes round their mouth so u have more control so when i make him sit i can correct him by gently pulling the lead so the halti turns him to face me and i make him look away from the dog or person until they go. also if he barks at a person i make him sit near the person until he stops barking and as soon as he looks away i start to walk again...its been working and he has improved but i think its something that will take a while to get him out of. just thought i would give u some ideas coz i know how embarrasing it is! hope it helps.
tyty is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!