View Single Post
Old 10-13-2008, 07:04 PM   #40
majesticyorkies
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woogie Man View Post
Everything was going well until about 9:30 last night when I noticed one of the pups was getting kind of flacid and weak. She was still eating, though, and I fed her every 2 hours through the night. I came in to check on her at 6:30 this morning and she was getting cold. I rubbed her to stimulate her and started wrapping her in warm cloths to get her temp up. It worked and I fed her after warming her. I called the vet and delayed my appointment until noon. I didn't trust leaving her with the litter so I took a nap with her cupped in my hand. She passed while I was napping. I fed the other pups twice more before going to the vet's. He didn't dock any tails, saying they were all too premature. He said they were 'minimumally dehydrated' and sub-qued the 3 smallest ones there. He said not to be surprised if I lose one or two more. I'm supposed to check in with him and bring them back Thursday. Since I've been home from there, I'm still feeding every 2 hours and made some beef liver broth for them. There's 2 of them that are really worrying me but they're hanging in there. I truly don't know what else I can do for them other than what I'm doing. Yesterday, I thought things were looking up and now...I just don't know. The babies were obviously more premature than I thought. The only preemies I had ever seen before was some that a member posted pictures of back in June with a litter she had. Bonnie's babies were more developed than those were so I didn't worry so much, just thinking they were tiny. Right now, I'm just kind of shell-shocked and numb. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears. Jim P.S. I couldn't bury the little one without naming her so I called her my "Little Dreamer" as I put her to rest.
I want to say conrats on the babies! And my heart goes out to you on the baby that you lost, I have been there I am so sorry, breeding is a very hard job, we loose babies sometimes I still cry everytime I loose one so sorry, good luck with the rest, and your Mommy is beautiful by the way!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!