View Single Post
Old 10-13-2008, 03:18 PM   #12
YorkieMother
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzwanned View Post
Does anyone else' dog bark at other dogs they don't know? When i am walking my dogs Sophie barks up a storm at other dogs, mostly big dogs. I think she sees them as a threat and then feels the need to talk smack but she is all talk and no action. As soon as one of them approach her she hides behind me or cries out loud even if they aren't even touching her. She has never gotten attacked as far as i know. I can't seem to walk her w/o her barking and super loud i have to say. It's that squeeky loud high pitched bark and make ppl look at me. I get soooo embarrassed. I don't know how to stop it. I watch Cesar milan and have tried what he does but it doesn't work. Whenever i try to shut her up she barks even louder. She is the only one that does this..What is a girl to do?
Fear is what it is and I go with working with her outside the point she gets upset and give her treats for looking at the dog and then back to you and staying calm.
I am not surprised Cesers stuff does not work it tends not to in outside the TV screen real world application.
I also as you are in new york go to clicker solutions and see if you can find a trainer willing to come once and show you how to set up a desensitization program similar to what the lady does in it me or the dog.
Remember it a dog cooking show and it takes longer to rehab in real life then it does on a dog cooking show.

JL

Last edited by YorkieMother; 10-13-2008 at 03:21 PM.
YorkieMother is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!