View Single Post
Old 10-12-2008, 01:06 PM   #10
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

After moving, many dogs have set backs. I not sure what Eliminate is, is it an enzyme cleaner like Nature's Miracle? You need an enzyme cleaner to get rid of the protein that causes a dog to return to the spot. If you have a black light you might be surprised, on how many urines stains will show up in a bathroom. I've read that Odoban is great on hard surfaces. Depending on the flooring, if the urine get into the grout, of ceramic tiles, this can be especially tricky to deal with. Remember too, that enzyme cleaners take "time" to work; the area most be left wet, and the enzymes, which are really a "good" bacteria, eat the protein in the urine, but this takes some time. Also, after a through cleaning, grout should be sealed so that nothing can penetrate, a step too many contractors overlook because it should be done 30 days after grout has cured.

The reason we block off in area is that a dog is always fairly close to a pee pad. If your not using those, I recommend crate training, and taking him outside every hour or so, only letting him play outside the crate for a few minutes after he has peed outside. During this playtime he should be carefully supervised, and the only time they should be free to roam is when you can watch them carefully and notice any signs that looks like he's starting to pee, at this point you can pick him up and place him on a pad, or take him outside. With some dogs this is very hard to catch though, it seems they like their privacy, and go when you're not looking. I've owned many dogs, who even on walks when they lift their leg, they would look in my direction, and seemed to prefer it if I looked away. I don't think this means that they were scared of me, I think of it as them liking their privacy.

Join today and remove this ad!