View Single Post
Old 10-12-2008, 12:16 PM   #7
paddys mom
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanieK View Post
I understood what you meant by correct. As in let him know it is not appropriate. I usually clap my hands and say NO to startle them so they stop. It does not make them fear me.

No to address the issue. New house New rules. Just because they are trained in one house, or even in one room does not mean they are trained in all houses or in all rooms.

You might need to go back to crate training or at least restrict the areas that he is allowed to roam in.
Thank you! I swear my dog isn't afraid of me. All I meant was I would pick him up and say no calmly but firmly to stop the peeing..take him outside so he sees where it is appropriate to pee. Just like i did when i first taught him.
I was aware of the new house new rules, and we crated him when we first got here. I think I should have just made more of the apt off limits during free time. You wouldn't think a 1 bedroom apt would be too big but for a yorkie it is. I'm definitely going to go back to step one.

What I don't get is if you block off an area how do you know when to unblock it? I feel like if he isn't specifically told its wrong to pee there wouldn't he just go right back in as soon as we moved the barricade?
I don't want to have to step over a fence to get into the bathroom for the rest of my life. I'd probably break my neck in the middle of the night.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!