View Single Post
Old 10-12-2008, 08:30 AM   #4
YorkieMother
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddys mom View Post
by correction i mean to stop him from peeing and take him outside to pee and praise him when he did . I wasn't planning on smacking him over the head with newspaper or rubbing his nose in the pee or anything like that. Correction does not equal harsh punishment to me. It means telling him what he did was not right and showing him/praising him for the correct behavior.
"What I really want to do is catch him in the act so I can correct him but he is so slick and only seems to do it when we're not paying attn. I am waiting to take him out today until I catch him trying lol. "

Correction is punishment in training terms... talking with a trainer here so in my sisters words.. Be specific.. be as clear and as detailed as possible and then we can guide.
Teaching is catching them doing and being good and reinforcing that you like.

Correction was nothing to do with how you see it or what you do to the dog it is what they see and what they feel that makes it a punishment and a bad thing... look at Ceser he just grr and pokes that punishemnt and rolls and zaps, another can just look at a dog and man the dog melts, I if a dog does wrong walk away because my lack of contact is enough for my dogs to know they goofed and it is only used very rarely....it is up to and only what a dog thinks is corrcetion and punishemnt not me or you.

If he is hiding it than he is worried. So make it a non event and ignore it and clean it up when he is out of sight and try and get him out before he was another accident.
If you acting all up set and fussing he has peed inside again that is punishment enough to make him hide. In his world..My mother acts crazy if I pee.. .how is he to know it is only inside and no where else.

JL
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!