View Single Post
Old 10-12-2008, 07:52 AM   #1
paddys mom
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default when potty trained dogs forget....

Ok, So paddy is nearly fully outdoor trained. I say nearly b/c now that we've moved he is having accidents. Even though we take him out three or more times per day for some reason he decided to mark in the bathroom one day the second week we were here. Now if we wait just a little too long to take him out he thinks its ok to go in there. I know a lot of the time it is our fault so I don't blame him when it is but since he is doing it both whether he get outside or not I need some suggestions.

I've cleaned the area with tons of eliminate every time and that hasn't seemed to curb it.
I can't imagine we'll be able to ensure the door is closed all the time b/c b/w me and my hubby going in and out i don't think it'll happen. Plus hubby is home most of the day and he really sucks at remembering lol.

What I really want to do is catch him in the act so I can correct him but he is so slick and only seems to do it when we're not paying attn. I am waiting to take him out today until I catch him trying lol.

Should I go back to crate training 101??
let me know what you think.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!