View Single Post
Old 10-12-2008, 07:08 AM   #2
YorkieMother
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkiepearla View Post
Yes you read the title correctly..I assumed growing up its the best thing to see... your parents kissing and being affectionate to one another...well not my Pearla she gets super jealous and jumps and barks at either me or my husband who ever is initiating it...not so much him over me or vice versa, even if we are laying on the couch watching tv and I make the kisssy sound with my lips she barks and gets super jealous. My husband and I have been married for quite so time now but she is our fist dog together and we've had her since she was 3 mnths and now she is 18 mnths. We still do have a problem with her and separation anxiety when we want to leave the house...and also she is like this even if my twin sister is over and I hug her goodbye..It almost seems as if its PEARLA that only wants to be loved...how can I train her not do act in the manner?
Not Jealous at all.. it what called splitting behaviour. She being a great dog and talking dog in the right way.
No dog hugs kisses or hangs onto another. In their world that behaviour starts fights and gets one hurt so she trying the only way she knows to stop what she sees as wrong behaviour.
You ignore the barking as best you can and reinforce the calm.
You can also have her leave the room while you snuggle.
You can work on desensitzation by just simple holding hands and if she does not bark treat that and build slowly to a full cuddle session.

She is truly not jealous if you read Other end of the Leash by dr. McConnell you will understand much better.

JL
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!