View Single Post
Old 03-08-2005, 01:28 AM   #3
Chelsie1978

I can assure you that your yorkie will NOT starve its self Lady was SUPER picky when she was little,we tried SO many different brands of dry food and she wouldent eat any of them for more than a day or two,so worried that she would starve,we put her on canned food.
She loved it,so we thought we were doing good,but my vet told me that small breeds REALLY need to eat dry kibble to keep their teeth and gums healthy,not to mention the coat and the skin..etc.
So we went out and bought eukanuba and took away the canned..Sure,the first day she refused to eat it,but we were told to sweat it out and not give in to her.By day 2 she was eating again Your baby is VERY clever and of course she preffers canned to dry kibble,which is why she will put you to the test hoping that you will cave Dont you worry,when she is hungry,she WILL eat No animal starves its self and in the end when they know there is nothing more on offer,they will eat whats there.
You will have to be real strong about this,you can start by mixing the canned with the kibble little by little until the canned is gone.She WILL eat But she will also try to get you to give her something else at first...dont give in.
Chelsie1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!