View Single Post
Old 10-10-2008, 09:13 PM   #1
LisaJ495
Yorkie Yakker

Question Someone help me calm my nerves!!!

Okay, so i just want to make sure that what i believe is true....My 12 mts old not sprayed female baby was napping on my lap and when i removed her, there were wet spot all over my pants!!! I thought she peed on me or was leaking urine!!! but then i smelled it and it smelled like blood, but it was tinted orangish/brownish!!! Then i noticed that her crotch smells like a dying rat!!!! (aka period blood)
Is she having her "period". I never had a female puppy before and im always paranoid thinking she's gonna die, lol. (a few days ago she had a tick on her and i rushed her to the emergency vet to remove it!!! I think the vet thought i was nuts!!!)
Her privates are enlarged and she is humping her dog bed (though for the past 6 mts she has been humping it off and on) but i have never noticed discharge before until tonight!!!
So let me know what it is...i was always told that dogs "bleed a lot" so when i think blood, i think bright red blood everywhere, not lil spots of browish/ orange discharge...
thanks,
coco's worried mommy
LisaJ495 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!