View Single Post
Old 10-10-2008, 08:37 PM   #15
J_is_my_initial
YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogears View Post
And they have no problem lumping the vaccines together, which can be too much for smaller dogs. Most private vets after all puppy shots stick to just the basics-rabies, distemper/parvo-3yr, bordatella (shot good for 1yr).

3. You must leave your dog to sit for 8 hrs or more for their comprehensive exams. Drop off is an hr before a Dr. even shows up. Your pet is seen in between surgery schedules and appts.
I know a lot of people do not like Banfield. I really like the one here. One of the vets is an owner. Yes I know it is a chain. They have always stretched out my babies shots. They are the ones who explained to me why it is for the best. And they recommend anti inflammatory for each of them with the shots.
It seems to me with the comprehensive exams they can do the exams a little at a time so they do not overwhelm the animals. JMHO
For the first year I think the plans are good. Not sure so much about the rest of the time. Was not going to renew Gypsy's this year to save some money but hubby insisted.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!