View Single Post
Old 10-10-2008, 03:03 PM   #1
shackelfmd
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Is there cause for concern?

I just got a puppy 2 1/2 weeks ago and he is adorable. He's 17 weeks old now and has had all of his shots. I took him to the vet within 2 days of the sale and the vet said everything was fine. He did a fecal sample too and it was negative. That was exactly two weeks ago and my puppy is acting fine, running around full of energy like he always is. Last Sunday he vomited while in the car and although he had never been carsick before I just thought he ate too much and maybe got a little carsick. It was only dog food that he threw up and he acted fine afterward. I have heard his stomach growling sometimes too, although his appetite is fine. Today I noticed that he had some mucus on his stool which was a little soft but not runny or watery. This has never happened before and has never happened any other time he's gone to the bathroom today. I read that sometimes fatty foods can cause this to happen and I did give him a TINY bit of my cheese toast this morning. Could this be the culprit or should I be concerned about it? All of the other stools he has passed today have been normal and he doesn't seem to be sick or anything.
shackelfmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!