View Single Post
Old 10-10-2008, 12:11 PM   #13
lovespandp
♥Momma's Bambino♥
Donating Member

Love yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonaa View Post
My baby is being spayed on Monday and when I asked if she would come home on pain meds, he said most probably "NO." It's been a long time since I've been through this. Any advice from someone who has been through this recently would be appreciated. She is having this done by incision, not laproscopy. She will be coming home the same day.

Andrea and Lacy
I would try to get some pain meds home for sure and antiobiotics!! I had both my males nutered my 3 month just last week! Both of my yorkies are under 3lb so i dont know if it had anything to do with it but they were out in bed for 3 days, not wanting to move or play or anything. I think of it as if we had a sx as well you know we would be hurting!! They gave me just enough pain meds for 4 days which was perfect and they gave me a week of amoixicillin. Which I had NO problem giving him that HE LOVED IT, the pain med I had to force he didnt like the taste. They gave me "KETOFEN" for pain and I looked it up and it said "Ketoprofen is primarily used to treat pain and inflammation associated with arthritis and other musculoskeletal disorders. It is also used in the postoperative period to reduce pain associated with surgical procedures". So I would really think about it and if worse comes to worse if you dont think she needs her pain meds then dont give it to her, but at least when you get her home you will have it on hand to help her, my boys were really uncomfortable when it came to bed time and I think the Pain meds helped a lot! And plus she is a female so her sx will be longer and she might even be more sore!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!