View Single Post
Old 10-10-2008, 04:52 AM   #1
bharris345
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default My Yorkie is urinating in my lap

I bought my yorkie (Mitzi) this past February and she was 10 months old. She was doggie door trained when I got her. I don’t have a doggie door so I started potty training taking her out every hour the first couple of weeks then every two hours. She was doing well with a few accidents.
Then I met my wife and in April starting leaving Mitzi with her because of my work schedule. My wife has a Maltese who is about 10 years old. My wife works from home so both dogs are taken out regularly. Both dogs have bonded well and Maggie has become a mother figure by keeping her clean around the face area, especially her eyes.
The week before we got married in August my wife’s son and girl friend came to stay with us. While Mitzi was sleeping in the girl friends lap she urinated in her lap. Several days later she did it in my wife’s lap. Then again in my lap about two weeks later.
I took Mitzi to the doctor two weeks ago for her annual shots and check up and found she has a bladder infection. She has been on medication since that time.
Last night after being out for some time playing she was in my wife’s lap and urinated a small amount. I took her and with in the next 10 minutes she did it again in mine. I’m totally at a loss what I should do. Does anyone know what can be done to help remedy this situation??
Note: When Mitzi urinates in out laps she wets herself also while laying in our laps.
bharris345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!