View Single Post
Old 10-09-2008, 07:14 PM   #1
luvnmymax
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Pretty sure I lost a customer today, while trying to "educate" them....

Ok..most of you know that I own a grooming salon. So today I have a regular customer come in with her tiny little poodle. She gives her to me, tells me she wants her regular cut and reminds me to be carefull because of her hip displaysia (sp?) I love doing this poodle because we always put her in a cute little frufru cut and she is really tiny(maybe 5lbs or so) so the cut is super cute on her. So I take care of her as usual. When the owner comes back I tell her that I notice she seems to be coming into heat. Owner gets huge smile on her face and says....oh great, I plan to breed her this time! Seriously????? So I put on my best concerned, yet nice face and say.... Are you sure that you want to do that? hip displaysia is hereditary so she would be passing it on to her puppies. plus it is really not good for her, it would probably be very painful for her to carry then deliver puppies with her condition. Not to mention it would probably worsen her condition. Owner gets all mad and hufffy with me. I say that I am sorry I didn't mean to offend her I was only concerned for her dogs health. Owner tells me that I am groomer not a Vet and if she wanted medical advice she would go to a vet. I say ok thank you have a nice day. Have any of you guys ever had a similar situation??? I was really trying to be helpful and used my friendliest voice. Do people usually get upset when you try to help "educate" them???
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!