View Single Post
Old 10-09-2008, 06:35 PM   #5
YorkieMother
YT 1000 Club Member

If it is a manic bark it not going to fix it self nor is being manic a state a dog should be left in... Stress kills.
I suggest also work on nothing in life is free and see if you can get a little understanding going with him that you have rules and he should follow them.
So anything you want to give him like a cuddle or food or to play first a sit or down is needed then the good event.

I like to also once you have taught him quiet to suggest that when he barks.. say thank you calm and gentle and this gives him an understanding that yes I hear you hear something and I will check it out but shh now.
Mine nows quiet and that it is to be quiet but it will bark if someone comes up the stairs and does not say hello or t will grrr at night when we are sleeping to tell us there is something about. But barking for the sake of barking is not a good healthily thing.
Sometimes dogs just like to hear their voice it does not mean they should use it all the time.

JL
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!