View Single Post
Old 03-07-2005, 09:12 PM   #14
Kathy
Yorkie Yakker

Default training continued

Chachi's mom- My little one's name is FiFi. My daughter picked that name. It sounds like your new little one will be smaller. FiFi is currently 1 1/2 lbs. I like your ideas. I guess what I am doing is similiar. I put a small crate inside of the playpen so that she can have that to go into (especially when she may need to run and hide from the other puppy. I have the pads in the pen and a small bowl for water in there too. This is all set up in a downstairs family room. When we are all there, I leave the door open to the pen so that she has full assess. Earlier she was playing full force. Too our delight, she stopped and went to her pad to potty. The other puppy also stopped and went to the door to scratch. Yea. Now it is almost bedtime and I will put her in a crate in my room ( I bought another small one). I took her outside and she went so it will be off to sleep soon. I will put her into the crate and when she scirms or cries in the middle of the night I will proabaly take her outside. I thought about setting up a small confined area in the kitchen (since we are on a different floor from original pen and back door). I am tring to decide between placing her into a lined small pen (or tub) in the kitchen or taking her outside. I am not sure if it is a good idea to have more that one area with pads (we have two floors here). My logic for kitchen is that that would be a middle point for when she is allowed to roam upstairs (with supervision). ALthough if I take her out than she willneed to learn away to just stand at the top of the stairway and let us know that she needs to go down and out. Any suggestions? My instinct makes me run her outside but my logical side tells me that she will never really be able to run the steps good enough to take her body to the door. Although, I thin she is smart enough to find a pad whenever and where ever I would put it. I just don't know what is the best message to send her. I do know that I do not want her to think that it is play time in the middle of the night and begin to run the house and play. It is bad enough that whatever method is decided she wil be waking up the other puppy when she cries. Oh, I do hope that she will learn to hold it at night time. How do I go about posting pictures?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachi
Kathy- I set up a playyard lined it up with papers and put his bed in it. I would have used the crate but my dog cried all night and I just felt bad leaving him in it. I also have an old baking sheet that I lined with papers and leave out for during the day and in another area I have one of those dog liter boxes with paper in it. You could do this with wee pads too.
How old is your puppy? I am getting Chachis sister who is small in 3 weeks. She not as small as yours shes 3/4 of a pound and I expect she will be about a lb when I get her. I say bravo to you!!! I would make myself a nervous wreck probably caring for a pup that small but you seem to be doing great!!!! Whats your puppy's name? You are gonna have to post some pictures!!!!!
Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!