Thread: Bald Spot
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2008, 11:17 AM   #1
kdp
Yorkie Yakker

Default Bald Spot

Kori is 1 1/2 and in good health, very active, and about 3 lbs. She has a completely bald spot about the size of dime on her back. It's in the same location as when she got her original shots. The hair is gone all together. Originally it was a lump but that is gone. We thought since she was so small maybe they hit the rib, or the dose was too potient. There is no redness or swelling, and it doesn't seem to bother Korki at all. It's very clean but bald.

Now my question. She is due for shots on Friday, could this acutally be caused from her first year of shots? And if so, should she get her second year shots in the same spot or another? I sure don't want a bald Yorkie if I can help it. Keep in mind I'm in a rural community and our pick of Vets is not the best. Most seem to care more about a $250.00 bill each visit. Going in with a little knowlege can save a bundle. Having said that, I do want to do what is the very best for Korki. I'd love to hear your suggestions. - You guys are the best! Thanks in advance.

Last edited by kdp; 10-09-2008 at 11:19 AM.
kdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!