View Single Post
Old 10-09-2008, 09:31 AM   #15
LuvMyPrinceKobi
& Reicher Baby, too!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggy4 View Post
Teri, This is a great idea. I too make blankets for rescues and the Humane Society. It's a great great feeling and a great great cause. Do you have a local Yorkie rescue? I don't know of any around me Shipping is what kills ya....its SO EXPENSIVE NOW so lately I have been just going and giving them to the humane society and they are VERY appreciative. I love what your doing and we should get together and have a big ole blanket drive Dont your fingers get sore from tieing??? lol mine do

I have seen where you've posted that you donate before, which is part of where I got my idea...so THANK YOU I'll be honest, I really don't like just giving $$, even to a rescue (though that is probably what they need most )...I like to give "things" that they need or what have you, so that's why I thought this would be perfect

I don't have a "yorkie" rescue, but the rescue where I got Kiwi from is an all "small house dog" rescue & shelties. So they have many, many, many chi's, a yorkie here or there, pom, etc, etc....so these blankets are perfect for them!

I'm just so happy to do this for these babies who really deserve it!

And, YES, my fingers get SOOOOORE...just one finger on each hand where it rubs...LOL

ETA: We should have a giant blanket drive! But since we're technically allowed to "elicit" donations, that's why I made it buy one, get one (sorta) free

Last edited by LuvMyPrinceKobi; 10-09-2008 at 09:36 AM.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!