View Single Post
Old 10-08-2008, 07:58 PM   #11
MyPeanutAbbyGra
I love my baby girls!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraAlexine00 View Post
I really think the OP meant well with her post.

I think the OP is referring to the people rehoming specifically because of potty training issues. The people that probably don't but enough consideration into how much training a new small puppy needs. And when that puppy ends up pee'ing or poo'ing all over their house (because of their lack of training), they decide to give up the dog "like a piece of household furniture" instead of put in the time to train.

I think the reason she started this thread was because of another thread regarding a dog that was given up for this reason (could be wrong, but I remember just recently reading about this).
I agree, I don't think the OP had bad intentions. I've seen or read about people who do get rid of their pets like they were an old pair of jeans. That's totally different from folks who do it for the well being of the pet, verses their own selfish needs. For instance, people who dump thier animals at shelters when they get old and sick, instead of taking care of them or finding them a proper and loving home. KWIM?

I'm sure everyone who posted in this thread who had to rehome thier dogs, did it because they thought it was best for the dog.
MyPeanutAbbyGra is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!