View Single Post
Old 10-08-2008, 05:11 PM   #8
oopsmyhalofello
Just Pawz
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe mint View Post
Ok, my soon to be ex husband is trying to force me to quit breast feeding our 8 week old daughter, because it is too inconvenient for him and his visitation. Well, I refuse to stop. I believe breastfeeding her is the best thing for her, and as long as I am able and willing, I feel it is my right to do so. I could understand if I were on medications or led an unhealthy lifestyle, but I simply do not. So, since I know you guys are all sooooo good at finding things online, can you help me find some reports that show the benefits of breastfeeding, and I also need to find some reports that show that it is OK to supplement with formula if needed. That it is still great for the baby to get ANY amount of breast milk. To date, we have not supplemented at all, but in the custody arrangement we are trying to work out, it might be kinda difficult for me to pump enough milk for her to be away from me for long periods of time. So he may end up having to supplement. He is arguing that it will be unhealthy for her to have both formula and breast milk.

I need your help....please?!?!?!!
Looks like you were already given some helpful links!

I just wanted to voice how angry I am for you, your breastfeeding your baby is your right and no one should be allowed to take that away from you. Him arguing that its unhealthy to supplement is just hogwash, every little bit of that liquid gold she gets from Mom is what counts.

oopsmyhalofello is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!