View Single Post
Old 10-08-2008, 05:05 PM   #8
Lovely05
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammyh View Post
I'm sure for most people rehoming is a huge and very difficult decision. No matter what the reason (whether you agree with it or not), the individual or family feels they can no longer keep their baby. If this is the case then their baby is better off with another family, they are unable to offer their pet what's needed. At least they're taking the time to find a good home rather than taking their baby to a shelter or pound or God forbid abandoning it in some field. I would not judge too harshly, you can't know the whole circumstance.

If you're referring to people who just casually get a pet and decide they no longer want it, then again the pet is better off with someone else. (Although I think in most situations this is not the case, especially on this web site)
I agree with your statement. I had to give up my Bichon. He had a strong separation anxiety. He could not stand for me to leave the house for no longer than four hours. I was in college, and I could not stay home with him all day. I had to put him in a crate while I was at school, because he tore up my carpet and furniture. He cried in his crate even when I was not home. I decided he needed a new home that could meet his needs. I gave him up to Small Paws. I cried for two weeks after I gave him up to Small Paws. I still miss him today. I brought him to be my Shih Tzu playmate. Unlike my Shih Tzu, he could not handle me leaving the house for long periods of time.
Lovely05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!