View Single Post
Old 10-08-2008, 01:23 PM   #2
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Always remove mats before you get them wet. I suggest you look for Cowboy Magic Detangler, you can get it online, and some stores that sell horse supplies sell it. You just put a small amount on the mat, and rub your thumb and forefinger in a circular motion around the mat. Using a wide toothcomb start close to the end and comb through, each time getting a little closer to the skin. For really bad mats a dematting comb is good, but you should be careful how you use it. It' has a sharp edge between the teeth and "cuts" through the mat. If it's really bad, most groomers just shave it. You need to spend more time each day getting out these mats and always use a good conditioner after shampooing. Since you probably don't have the cowboys magic, I suggest you try using a conditioner, in the way I described, but I'm not sure how successful you'll be. The good thing about Cowboy Magic is that your really not getting the hair wet when you use it, it's more like a silicone and makes the hair slick.

Join today and remove this ad!