View Single Post
Old 10-08-2008, 08:55 AM   #12
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babz View Post
I wouldn't use human's shampoo. My mom used baby shampoo on Lulu my shihtzu and it was horrible! She has terrible mats. Now we use dog's shampoo (from 8 in 1), very generic shampoo and her mats are much improved. She still gets them, shihtzu's coat being how it is, but now we can brush it off instead of cutting the mats.

Wonder how it will improve if I buy the more expensive ones..

Really??? I've been looking for good shampoos and conditioner that won't kill my wallet, and they have this brand sold in ACE hardware, are they really good? If yes then I'm gonna try it. Which one do you use??

Ace hardware, that's funny, you never know what they will carry. I use to have to order it online, but the local Petsmart started carrying it, it's what Joey's breeder recommended, and she's a show breeder, so I imagine she knows a little in this area. I use "Protein Lanolin Tearless Shampoo", and Silk Conditioning Creme Rinse Concentrate. I also us a texturizer made by them called Spray Set, that I spray on his topknot to give it a little more body. Remember, the products are very concentrated and you have to mix them 1 part to 4 parts water, area.

Join today and remove this ad!