View Single Post
Old 10-07-2008, 04:33 PM   #5
dagibbie
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexyJessi257 View Post
ok so i got Abby neutered at 6 months in july. they took out 4 baby teeth. i looked at her like 15 minutes ago and i noticed that her two front teeth are doubled up. how do i know which are the adult teeth and the baby teeth?? the ones in the front or back???? the ones in front are sooo much smaller. i was reading other posts and people say they dont seem to be painful but i dont want her teeth to be messed up. I really don't wanna put her under anesthesia again. Should i call the vet now or should i wait until she turns one and gets her teeth cleaining?? how does this work?
When General Lee got fixed he had 10 baby teeth taken out. I waited until all his adult teeth were in. His baby teeth were much small (front top and bottom), his canines were inside and smaller. I was mostly concerned about his molars as it seemed that only part of them came out naturally. The ones that were left were in between the adult ones. We played a lot of tug of war with him to help loosen what he had and gave him hard chew toys. My understanding is that two sets of teeth is not painful nor harmful, but you have to be very careful about tarter and stuff between them. The reason I waited was I did not want him to have to go under twice even though he is a big (9+lbs) boy.
dagibbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!