View Single Post
Old 09-19-2005, 05:28 AM   #7
yorkiegold
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamoth
1 year, and I've only a basic obediance certificate to his name...But he's devilishly quick at learning skills. I can work in two new simple commands per 24 hour period so far. Of course some aren't simple...like "let this guy pet you..." and "don't be a spazz while I'm gone".

Then again...thanks to your calm advice...I think I know how to train out the sep anxiety...his verbal skills are amazing and I think I can teach him to associate a word with 'wait for my return'. "be back" perhaps...

I'll experiment with that tonight.

We should track our progress and things we learn here. I'm amazed by the number of people who tell me that their Yorkie is "untrainable". Let's show em how trainable they are!

Meanwhile I'll look for a place in Seattle that does the training for CGC.
Well, my boy is 2.5 years old and as the basic obedience certificate and the advanced. Not much more to crow about, eh? We had so much fun. I have some disabilities and it was a real challenge to get there, but we took pictures and met some great people. The Petsmart environment was perfect for socializing. We had people squealing to meet him from outside the training ring. He was a real star. My biggest worry before we started was that he would lift his leg on everything, but one accident the first day and that was it. He was engaged and ready to go.

If you can find a clicker class, my little boy has really responded to that. Look forward to hearing your progress.

CJ

Now you've jarred me back into working toward the CGC seriously!
yorkiegold is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!