View Single Post
Old 10-06-2008, 02:46 PM   #15
shonna3
Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarpig View Post
HI, my Yorkie Gigi, had kennel cough for what seemed like forever when she was just a pup (16 weeks). It lasted for about 4.5 months. She was given 3 rounds of antibiotics which did not work. Apparently, she was antibiotic resistant. I then tried homeopathic remedies which seemed to alleviate her symptoms but did not eliminate her cough. My vet was very hesitant in prescribing more antibiotics.

I came across this website (Robert McDowell- Herbal Treatment) and ordered the Kennel Cough mixture:
`Kennel Cough Herbal Treatment - Robert McDowell's Herbal Treatments. Human, Canine and Equine. Cancer Support, Radiotherapy Support, Articles and Online Consultation.

After administering the herbal treatment for 2 weeks, she began to recover. After the 3rd week, no more coughing. I know it was probably a bit extreme (ordering from Australia) but I had pretty much tried everything and nothing worked.

I hope your furbaby feels better!
I'm thinking of trying that remedy, thank you for posting! I had actually purchased a homeopathic remedy (for $60!!!) that doesn't seem to have worked at all. But, this herbal remedy seems like a good alternative. I think I'll give him a few more days, he really is getting better, just not fully recovered. Three months so far!
shonna3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!