View Single Post
Old 10-06-2008, 09:10 AM   #6
Cinq1964
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie May View Post
When you say prey model, do you mean just feeding whatever raw meat and bones you have or do you feed certain amounts of muscle meat, organ meat, bones, etc.?

I would not automatically think that a yeast infection in his ears is because of improper nutrition. Yorkies get them all the time. Diarrhea on the other hand is probably diet related. Or maybe it is not caused by a poor diet but could be just one of those things and may be able to be helped by a different diet. Did he start getting diarrhea when you changed his diet?

Since there are so many forms of the raw diet, did the vet tell you exactly what they wanted you to switch to? Prepackaged?

How many times a day does he poop?

As for the overweight thing, I would cut down.
It is better than health problems later.
I feed him 2 meals a day consisting of: First Meal: 85% beef or Turkey meat, 15% liver or gizzard. Second Meal: 95% beef or Turkey and 5% liver or gizzard. He eats turkey neck bone, drumstick or thigh bone every other day. About 3 to 4 in. long.

I told her I would not feed commercial food. She suggested this Homemade diet. Starting with cream of wheat, cottage cheese, cooked egg, yeast, sugar veg. oil, potassium chloride, dicalcium phophate and calcium carbonate. Then ground round, cooked rice, oil, dicalcium phosphate and a vitamin-mineral supplement. All cooked.

He poops once a day. He has had soft stool more runny since I changed to Prey Model. Thanks!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!