Thread: skunked
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2008, 07:19 AM   #12
fufufashions
LEADER OF MyPACK
Donating Member

Unfortunately, Kissy has been skunked 3x and Angel 1x. I tried everything including the Messingil douche liquid. I poured it on straight and it got most of the smell out.. The problem was that you can't get anything good on their heads and the douche will burn their eyes. I wiped it on every where i could but the head and face is where the smell is.
I ended up shaving their heads to get the smell off. It took about a year for their hair to grow back. Every time they would get wet, here would come the skunk smell again!! It was horrible!! Nothing seemed to work. I also bought this stuff called Odor Destroyer from Davis Manufacturing Veterinary Products 800-292-2424 - Odor Destroyer™ Concentrate, 32 oz. which claims that it will get rid of skunk odor. It works pretty good but the skunk smell continued to come out every time they were wet until that hair was cut off.
I feel for you and your furbaby!! Once that yellow skunk junk gets in their hair, it will penitrate every hair folicle it touches.. I hope you can find something that will work for your baby...good luck!!
fufufashions is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!