View Single Post
Old 10-04-2008, 06:57 PM   #2
YorkieMother
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley V View Post
We all know what yorkies were bred for - hunting small animals. Chip has no interest in them at all, but yesterday we saw something different in Smokey...

We took them to the river yesterday
http://www.yorkietalk.com/forums/my-...day-river.html

While we were there, we let Chip run off leash and there were squirrels everywhere. He didn't even attempt to chase them, but Smokey (who is NOT trusted off leash) was pulling and going nuts. Finally he got free from our grasp and bolted after a tree in which a squirrel had gone up 10-15 minutes before... the exact tree. How he remembered that, I don't know.

Anyways, to my point.

I'd like to get him into some sort of a "hunting" group. I think he'd really enjoy it and be good at it. Do groups like this exist for terriers to live out their instincts?
Yes there are earth dog grroups and I know a jack russel club in the west does lures over jumps.
Have a look around and do not limit your look to just yorkies could be jack groups wil lhave what you need and some jack groups do not care what dogs come if your intrested in learning.

JL
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!