View Single Post
Old 10-04-2008, 04:31 PM   #13
blouks
Yorkie Talker

Our new puppy had the same issues - although my vet just called it an upper respiratory infection instead of KC. Clavamox did not work on her so he added an additional antibiotic called Zeniquin. They can only be on this for a short period of time-we did 3 days. Her symptoms seemed to stop but shortly after stopping the Zeniquin, she began coughing, sneezing, hacking, wheezing, runny nose again. She started another round of Zenequin and finally we got the symptoms under control. In addition to this, he also prescribed a cough suppresant to use at night so our puppy could get some good rest (and this also helped me get some rest). He also suggested putting our puppy in the bathroom with us each time we took a shower as the steam from the shower would help her breathing. My husband takes very long showers and this seemed to help her.
At times I was scared to death that she was going to stop breathing. We made two trips to the emergency clinic and several to our regular Vet. If your dog still has an appetite, that is a good sign. Make sure she is getting plenty of water as this helps the stuff in their chest break up more easily. I hope your little one gets well soon. Ours has fully recovered and is doing great.
blouks is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!